Avoid buying snacks such as crisps, chocolates or biscuits which are poor nutrition foods offering nothing but excess fat, salt and sugar harmful to your health.
Healthy snacking helps you stick to your diet. It helps control hunger and reduce your portion sizes at main meals.
Examples of healthy snacks for weight loss are:
- Cottage cheese with fruit
- Low-fat plain yogurt
- Fruit salad with a tablespoon of yogurt
- Whole fruit with a handful of almonds and raisins
- Vegetable juices
- Raw nuts and seeds with dried fruit
- Rye crackers with a tablespoon of dip
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Chunk of cheese with some cherry tomatoes
- Two devilled eggs or a boiled egg
- Energy Bars
- Barley rusks and a cup of peppermint tea
Barbara is a Health & Wellness Coach and a Nutrition Consultant.
She is also the author of 'The Med Life Diet', dedicated to helping others develop healthy eating and healthy lifestyle habits and attitudes for life !
Follow us on Facebook: 'The Med Life Diet'